Not only do they get to experience the effects of a terminal illness on a hospice patient, but they also get to interact with their families and learn more about their past health conditions. Palliative care in Los Angeles also provides opportunities for medical students to specialize in a fast-growing medical field.
Palliative Care Courses for Medical Students
A medical student can start with a certificate or foundation course to understand what palliative care is all about. Many schools in the US offer Palliative Care Certificate courses that can advance the understanding of a student about hospice and palliative care.
Some of the best institutions and their palliative care courses are listed below:
Palliative Care Always
● Palliative Care Center of Excellence
Harvard Palliative Care Courses
● Palliative Care Education and Practice (PCEP)
Art & Science of Palliative Nursing (ASPN)
● Palliative Care for Hospitalists and Intensivists (PCFHI)
● Practical Aspects of Palliative Care (PAPC)
● Research Methods in Supportive Oncology (RMSO)
Arizona State University
● Hospice and Palliative Care (Certificate)
● Palliative Care ECHO
Penn Nursing – University of Pennsylvania
● Palliative Care Certificate
● Pain and Palliative Care Fellowship
These are just some courses, certificates, research programs, and fellowships in the US for palliative care. You can look for more institutes or check out online resources with certifications.