● Before you talk to anyone about your choice of palliative care, you must educate yourself so you can convince them why you are choosing this for the limited amount of time you have in your life.
● Preparing yourself for palliative care involves telling your loved ones about it. You’ve understood the importance of quality care, so don’t keep it a secret from the people who love you.
● Learn about the benefits of palliative care in Los Angeles and understand how to utilize those benefits for pain and symptom management.
● Learn about your palliative care team and how to communicate with the staff and doctors. Some doctors would be better at medical treatment, and others at understanding the importance of other means to make a patient comfortable. Seek the one you feel more at ease with so that you can improve your quality of life without feeling anxious.
● Research the hospice care or nursing facilities in your vicinity to find something closer to home and your family.
● Encourage others in your circle to choose palliative care and better end-of-life care.